With cryptocurrency blooming extensively in India, investments have become much more profitable than ever. Further, recently Ethereum has been performing far better than Bitcoin, and it is highly possible that we might witness the flipping. Therefore, in this article, we’d be going through all the steps to exchange Bitcoin for Ethereum
Table of Contents
- There are some top Bitcoin exchanges in India such as CoinDCX, Changelly, etc. that you can consider when exchanging Bitcoin for Ethereum in India.
- CoinDCX is preferably known for being India’s largest home-grown cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows users to trade in Bitcoin, ETH and many other cryptocurrencies at the best value.
- Without submitting any personal data and with low trading fees, Changelly is one of the best bitcoin exchange sites.
- ShapeShift is the preferred choice for easy and fast payments from one coin to another, according to their site: “it is how any digital asset exchange should work”.
Exchange Bitcoin for Ethereum with CoinDCX
CoinDCX is known for being India’s largest home-grown cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows users to trade in Bitcoin, ETH, and many other cryptocurrencies at the best value possible. It has a simple and efficient interface that has been designed to make trading incredibly easy for first-time or professional traders. To learn more, read CoinDCX Review.
- Log in to the website of CoinDCX if you already have an account with your email address or phone number. If you are a beginner, click on Sign up.
- After logging in to your account, select the Trade option.
- In the first bar, choose the amount of Bitcoin (BTC) you want to exchange in place of Ethereum (ETH).
- After this step, click on Trade BTC on CoinDCX.
- In the left section of the page, select BTC/ ETH. Then, enter the amount of BTC you want to trade with ETH and confirm the transaction.
Exchange Bitcoin for Ethereum with Changelly
In current times, Changelly has been working without any major faults and has attracted many traders over time. Furthermore, Changelly is available on both Android & iOS and comes out as one of the best Bitcoin exchange sites without demanding any personal data and with low trading fees. Read our Changelly Review to know more.
- Sign in to the account if you are already investing with Challengy. Click on Sign up if you are new.
- Select Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) for trading.
- After choosing the trading pair, click on Exchange now, and view the transaction details.
- There will be a confirmation about the amount that you want to trade. After you verify the details, click on Confirm and Make Payment.
- You will be redirected to the page where you will see a QR Code and Bitcoin Wallet address wherein you have to convert BTC to ETH.
- Once you complete the payment procedure, your trade will be successful, and you will receive an email shortly.
Exchange Bitcoin for Ethereum with Shapeshift
ShapeShift is an acceptable choice so far for quick transfers from one coin to another, according to their site: “it is how digital asset exchange should work”. This exchange platform provides you with the power to swap between assets – no account required quickly.
- Visit the Shapeship website and click on log in if you are an existing user of the website. Or, create an account!
- Next, select Bitcoin in Deposit and Ethereum in Receive under the “Choose which coins to Trade” option. Click on continue.
- In this step, you have to add your Ethereum wallet address and your Bitcoin address. However, entering a Bitcoin address is not mandatory, but it might be helpful when you want to make a refund.
- As soon as you enter your desired amount and your wallet address, click on Start Transaction. Usually, it takes about 30-60 seconds to complete the transaction.
- A message will be displayed on the screen stating, “Your Ether has been sent”. This means that Bitcoin has successfully been exchanged into Ethereum and transferred to your Ethereum wallet address.
Conclusion: Exchange Bitcoin for Ethereum in India
These are some of the most preferred platforms for exchanging Bitcoin to Ethereum, including the aforementioned exchange platforms. Trading bitcoin for Ethereum is pretty simple and comes in handy when you have the accurate skills and tools for trading. Apart from the exchange platforms mentioned above, you can also try some new platforms blooming in the crypto market nowadays. Moreover, if you’re exchanging Bitcoin with ethereum in India, the best choice would be CoinDCX, as they are the most trusted platform operational.
Freqently Asked Question
One of the main reasons to consider trading in Bitcoin for Ethereum is that Ethereum has more flexible options for trading. As of April 2021, the cost of Bitcoin had sailed past around $60,000 a couple of times. In recent times, Ethereum has a market cap that is still less than a third of Bitcoin.
Cryptocurrencies are not illegal; anybody can buy, sell and trade cryptocurrencies. However, we do not have a regulatory framework to govern its functioning for now.
Ethereum might be on track to beat Bitcoin in the race of becoming the world’s most valuable cryptocurrency after an overhaul on how it is traded. The rapid growth of Ethereum has analysts predicting it could overtake Bitcoin as the world’s biggest cryptocurrency by value.