Having reviewed many crypto exchanges in the past, particularly that of the USA. Today, we put forward a comprehensive list of the top five crypto exchanges in the USA.
Analyzing supported currencies, liquidity, security, support, fees, and trading pair is a part of finding the best crypto exchange, so let’s get started.
|Supported Crypto Assets||45+||31||100+||26+||200+|
|Fees||0.5%||0.25%/ 0.16%||-0.025%/ 0.075%||0.5%||0.1%|
|USP||High Liquidity; Secure||Apt for beginners; support credit cards||Leverage Trading; up to 101X leverage and 45+ leveraged tokens||OTC Desk; Competitive Fees; available in all the states of USA||A wide range of Crypto assets and services/ features|
Table of Contents
Summary (TL; DR)
- We have numerous Crypto exchanges in the USA for crypto trading. The best fiveof them are- Coinbase, Cex.io, FTX.US, Gemini, Binance.
- Firstly, Coinbase is one of the biggest platforms in the world. Furthermore, it allows its users to invest, trade, and stake crypto. In addition, it also extends a dedicated Coinbase wallet and card.
- Secondly, Cex.io is a multifunctional portal for trading, margin trading, leveraged trading, and staking services. However, it charges a deposit fees of up to 2.99% using VISA/ MasterCard.
- FTX.US is a regulated and reputed leveraged trading platform with 45+ leveraged tokens. Overall, the fee is low. In addition, it has a dedicated utility token and a wallet.
- Further, Gemini is the most secure crypto exchange operational in all 50 states of the USA. However, the fee is high. Therefore, it is advisable to use the extended version – ActiveTrader. Also, it offers a dedicated Gemini stable coin and a mobile app.
- Lastly, Binance.US has a separate utility token that gives many benefits to traders. Furthermore, it has a wallet, mobile app, and visa card facility. However, the trading fee is high for debit card users.
- Apart from this, Coinbase, Gemini, and Binance provide crypto insurance to their users.
Five best Crypto exchanges in the USA
Out of many crypto exchanges, we have narrowed them down to the best five. We will be discussing their features and Pros & Cons briefly.
1st Best Crypto Exchange in USA: Coinbase
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is the most prominent and established cryptocurrency exchange, supporting all the U.S. states except Hawaii. Furthermore, it operates in 100 countries with 30 million traders, offering a crypto trade platform for 50+ coins. For more in-depth information about Coinbase, read the Coinbase review.
In addition, it extends various services such as:
- Cryptocurrency Investing
- An advanced Trading Platform
- Coinbase Staking
- Custodial Accounts
- Coinbase Crypto card
- The U.S. Dollar Stable Coin
It is a perfect option for novice traders as it has a learning program and is an easy-to-sign-up and trade platform. Also, it has a user-friendly and straightforward interface. Moreover, it pulls a massive trade volume as it is highly liquid and easy to use. The Coinbase app is available on both android and iOS.
Coinbase Fees Structure
It has a complex and expensive fee structure. It imposes a transaction fee of 1.49% for standard and 3.99% for credit card purchases. Furthermore, it also charges a flat fee for transactions below $200, or a certain percentage depending upon the crypto used.
However, you can switch to Coinbase Pro that extends an advanced and robust trade experience. It imposes low fees and might be complex for a new trader.
To learn more, read Coinbase Fees: Cheapest Exchange in the USA?
Coinbase: Pros & Cons
|Simple User interface||High transaction fee|
|Very High Liquidity||No control over wallet fees|
|Extensive selection of cryptocurrencies|