In the last article, we learned about what is CFD Trading and how it works. In this article, we will talk about CFD trading pros & cons and some of the well-known CFD crypto trading software platforms such as eToro, PrimeXBT, etc.
Let’s look at some pros and cons of CFD Crypto Trading.
Table of Contents
CFD Crypto Trading Pros and Cons
- You can trade profitably on both rising and falling markets by either going long or short.
- You don’t have to own the underlying crypto asset to trade.
- Leverage lets you trade with limited capital. Profit made in the trade gets amplified.
- It gives you access to the crypto market 24×7.
- Very risky as leverage can amplify your loss too.
- They have an expiry date i.e., and your position will automatically close on the expiry day.
- The crypto market is very volatile. So, it can face drastic market changes in a short period of time.
- Tax and commission charges can lower your profit.
eToro is by far the most popular social CFD trading software platform not only for cryptocurrencies but also for other assets like stocks and commodities.
With more than 5 million users, eToro provides regular news updates and makes portfolio management a lot easier. One of the advantages of being a social CFD trading platform is that if you want to copy successful crypto CFD traders, eToro facilitates that too through CopyPortfolios.
In addition, PrimeXBT has the best UI/UX and provides leverage up to 1000x. It charges a nominal fee of 0.05%. More information on the fee and trading conditions can be found here.
Capital.com is one of the emerging platforms for CFD crypto trading. It uses Proof of Identity and Proof of Address for opening an account.
With zero trading fees, Capital.com also provides an interactive charting feature along with portfolio management.
The leverage provided by them on Cryptocurrencies is up to 2x, and you can start trading with as little as $100. Capital also has a mobile app on both Android and iOS.
AvaTrade is one of the popular CFD Crypto Trading platforms. It supports multiple cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Neo with and provides fastest trade execution services, and better liquidity.
It provides leverage services, which can be 2:1(for EU residents) and 25:1(for non-EU residents). A user can trade crypto against fiat currency, which is not provided by exchanges.
There are many crypto trading platforms that are now enabling crypto CFD trading and we will also review them in the future. If you are a CFD trader, then let us know which is your favorite trading platform.
Also, learn about
If you want to learn more about the Crypto ecosystem, sign up for the weekly newsletter.