Did you know ThePirateBay was one of the first adopters of Bitcoin? Now when crypto assets have gained significant popularity, BitTorrent launched its own digital token, called BTT. Therefore, this article shall provide you with information related to BitTorrent and BTT Token. “Where can I buy BTT?”, “How can I buy BTT?”, “Is BTT safe?” Every question is answered here, so read the full blog to get an insight into BTT cryptocurrency.
Table of Contents
- BitTorrent is a communication protocol that facilitates peer-to-peer file sharing and distribution of electronic data in a decentralized manner.
- BTT is BitTorrent’s token cryptocurrency. TRON acquired BitTorrent in 2019 and introduced BTT.
- Furthermore, BTT is used for a variety of purposes which includes purchasing bandwidth and sharing files.
- Various prominent cryptocurrency exchange platforms such as Binance, Coinbase, WazirX, Huobi Global, KuCoin, CoinDCX, etc., all facilitate the easy purchase of BTT. You can signup using the buttons below to get extra discount on trading fees.
- Decentralized Exchange Platforms such as Pancakeswap, Uniswap, and SimpleSwap also extend their services to BTT. It can also be acquired at SwapSpace and SwapZone.
- However, before investing in BTT tokens, one should carefully examine all the advantages and disadvantages and decide.
What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent by Rainberry Inc., in essence, is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing communication protocol. With the help of BitTorrent, customers can easily share and distribute electronic data in a decentralized manner over the internet. Developed by Bram Cohen in the early 2000s, BitTorrent is specifically known for its fast speed. Hence, people and platforms worldwide use it to share big files, videos, and other data over the internet in seconds. Giants like Google, Netflix, Facebook rely on the BitTorrent network to provide high-speed, top-quality services.
What is a BTT coin?
BitTorrent was acquired by the TRON foundation in the year 2019. Furthermore, the TRON foundation introduced BitTorrent Token (BTT) cryptocurrency. Built as a TRC-10 token on TRON Blockchain, BTT cryptocurrency was initially brought in to monetize the services provided by the network and expand its protocol.
Apart from adding incentives to torrenting, BTT Token is used for several other purposes. Firstly, it is used to buy bandwidth to experience high-speed download from a DApp called BitTorrent Speed. Secondly, BTT Tokens are also required at BitTorrent File System (BTFS), a decentralized cloud storage platforms like Siacoin, Filecoin, etc. Thirdly, BTT coins are largely used by those who wish to share files on their systems or request files from providers.
Where to buy BTT Token?
Given that BTT tokens are gaining immense popularity, top crypto platforms add this decentralized coin to their lists. You can download the Apps or purchase directly from their respective websites.
Some of the most famous and reliable cryptocurrency exchange platforms that offer BTT coins are given below:-
Decentralized exchange platforms (DEX) to buy BTT
Decentralized exchange platforms (DEX) that extend their services to BTT coins are-
How to buy BTT on Huobi Global?
Huobi Global is one of the leading global cryptocurrency exchange platforms. It extends its services to a wide range of digital currencies and offers the best liquidity.
To learn more, read our Huobi review.
You can trade BTT for various coins like BTC, USDT, etc., on Huobi Global. However, here we will take an example of USDT to explain the process, which is the same for every pair.
Steps to buy BTT on Huobi Global
- Firstly, create an account on Huobi Global using an email id and passw