Are you confused between Bitstamp and Coinbase? Don’t worry; we got your back. After in-depth research, we have come up with this comparison in the easiest possible way. We would be focussing on all the features the platforms have to offer while comparing them with each other.
Table of Contents
What is Bitstamp?
Bitstamp is an international cryptocurrency exchange platform. Furthermore, it is a bitcoin exchange that is accessible to the U.S. and international investors be it individuals or businesses. However, it accepts FIAT deposits when it is authorized from the Single Euro Payments Area. Moreover, this helps in transferring the cash among European bank accounts. It was founded in 2011, and the company is registered in the UK and located in Luxembourg, London, Slovenia, and New York City. To learn more, read the Bitstamp review.
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is also known as Coinbase Global, Inc., an American-based public company that deals in cryptocurrency. It was founded in 2012 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. The company serves over 100 countries remotely on a global level. Though initially, the company only traded in bitcoins, now it has added other cryptocurrencies. The company deals with both retail and institutional investors. To learn more, read the Coinbase review.
Furthermore, Bitstamp and Coinbase can prove to be good Binance alternatives. Since Binance has been facing recent regulatory issues these platforms can provide you a place to trade without any issues. To learn more, read Best Binance Alternatives: Is Binance Going Down?
Bitstamp vs Coinbase: Products
The image below shows how many different kinds of products are available for users, be it individuals, businesses, and developers. The website offers more than 20 products to its users. Some products including, Coinbase wallet, Coinbase Staking, Coinbase Pro, Coinbase Card, and Coinbase custody are few crucial and mostly likable products. You can check out the rest of the products available from the below image.
Bitstamp offers mainly two products that are mobile app and trade view. Check out the image given below.
Bitstamp vs Coinbase: Features
Features of Bitstamp
- It’s a savior of both time and money as the transaction process is fast and straightforward. As a result, one can begin their journey of crypto trading by simply using their credit card. Thus, eliminating the time-consuming process of depositing FIAT.
- They have enabled the Application program interface (APIs), which helps you plan your program that best fits your business needs. As a result, they allow you to have a very smooth and easy work operation.
- The safety features enable secure transactions of the users. For example, they allow you to have a selected list of people you exchange currencies with, thus saving you from frauds and hackers. This is also known as whitelisting.
- They also save you from the stress of whether the transaction was successful or not by keeping you updated through emails, apps, and texts.
- In addition, they keep your digital data safe through the unique feature of PGP that is Pretty Good Privacy. Your information remains encrypted through the unique PGP code.
Features of Coinbase
- This platform for trading is available for almost all states in the U.S., excluding Hawaii.
- Users can deposit the crypto in two ways that is either by US dollars or through crypto-to-crypto transactions.
- It’s a begineer friendly cryptocurrency exchange.
- Coinbase primarily deals in liquid assets; hence this saves the users from fluctuations in the market.
- The two percent assets that are in hotwallets are insured, as the rest are protected offline cold storage wallets.