If you are confused about which Bitcoin wallet to choose from, look no further. Here is a quick list of the 9 best bitcoin wallets in India, along with concepts in detail that will help you understand.
Here is a summarized peek of the article.
Table of contents
- Summary (TL;DR)
- What is a Bitcoin Wallet?
- How does a Bitcoin Wallet work?
- Types of Bitcoin Wallets in India
- Best Bitcoin Wallets in India
- NGRAVE Zero
- Coinbase Wallet
- WazirX Wallet
- Atomic Wallet
- Trust Wallet
- Zebpay Wallet
- Unocoin Wallet
- Best Bitcoin Wallets in India: Conclusion
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Bitcoin Wallet?
“A Bitcoin wallet is a digital wallet storing the encryption material giving access to a Bitcoin public address and enabling transactions,”Alexandre Kech, CEO of Onchain Custodian
Bitcoin Wallets are used to store Bitcoins and as well as other crypto-assets. Furthermore, with crypto wallets you can store, send, receive, trade, earn, and do many other things with your digital assets. Some of the wallets even provide you with features to swap and stake your digital assets.
How does a Bitcoin Wallet work?
Simply put, Bitcoin Wallets operate on the concept of Public Key Encryption. All cryptocurrency wallets are based on the same principle.
Private Key: The secret key is made of random numbers and letters. This is known only to the user and should never be shared with anyone. It is the same as a password.
Public Key: This is the key that is mathematically linked to a private key and is often known to others. It means that a respective private key can only verify a public key. Hence no one other than yourself can access your bitcoin information even after knowing your public key.
Types of Bitcoin Wallets in India
Typically there are five types of wallets in the market:
- Desktop Wallets
- Are downloadable applications for desktops.
- Provide complete control of the wallet to the user.
- Store the private keys on the application itself.
- Mobile Wallets
- They are re-applications for mobile interfaces.
- Furthermore, they are both Android and iOS compatible.
- Also, provide complete control to the user.
- Hardware Wallets
- Are physical USB-like gadgets for storing cryptocurrency information.
- They are the most secure of all the wallets.
- It can be connected via USB ports.
- To learn more, read Best hardware wallet.
- Web Wallets
- They run on the web interface.
- Stores keys online.
- It can be accessed via any device which supports browser usage.
- Paper Wallets
- Information is recorded and downloaded on a piece of paper.
- Used rarely nowadays and considered outdated.
- Although secure, they are not a preferred type as they can only make entire balance transactions.
- To learn more, read an ultimate guide to paper wallet.
Wallets are additionally categorized as Hot Wallets and Cold Wallets.
- Hot Wallets: The ones that have constant connectivity to the internet. Web, Mobile, and Desktop wallets are examples.
- Cold Wallets: Wallets that do not have continuous connectivity to the internet like Hardware and Paper wallets.
Let’s discuss the best options available in India.
Best Bitcoin Wallets in India
Here is a list of 9 widely popular bitcoin wallets in India.
Ledger is the most popular hardware wallet in the market. It securely stores the private keys and provides isolation between easily devices and private keys. Furthermore, using Ledger Live you can easily connect your devices and use one of the best bitcoin wallets in India.
|Products||Ledger Nano S||Ledger Nano X|
|Software Application||Ledger Live||Ledger Live|
|Material||Brushed stainless steel and plastic|
|Visuals||Both versions have an edgy look. Easy to carry design. Nano X even comes with a keyring.|
|Compatible Devices||64-bits desktop computer (Windows 8+, Mac10.10+ ,Linux) Android 7+,iOS 9 smartphones|
|Hardware Specs||Small size (56.95mm × 17.4mm × 9.1mm).|
No battery required
Pixels (128 x 32)
|Relatively bigger (72mm × 18.6mm × 11.75mm).|
8 hours standby mode
Pixels (128 x 64)
|Capacity||~6 preinstalled.||~100 preinstalled|
Five times more capacity
|Security||Certified Secure Element (CC EAL 5+)|
|Bluetooth Connection||Not Supported.||Supported. (End-End encryption)|
|Colour||It comes with six color choices||Only black|
|Ledger Pricing||Rs. 5,265 (GST, duty not included )||Rs. 10,619 (GST, duty not included )|
Recommended For: Users who have an intermediate budget for cold storage.Users who want a simple buy, swap, stake cryptocurrency. To learn more, Ledger Nano S vs X.
NGRAVE is a fully offline hardware wallet to back up all your private keys. It is believed to be the most secure wallet in the market.
|Hardware Specs||Military-grade and tamper-proof material.Fully touchscreen.|
Handy size (124,50mm x 72,70mm x 14,50mm)
Moderate weight (217g)
|Visuals||It has a classy and exclusive finish.|
|Application Accessibility||NGRAVE LIQUID mobile app can access accounts. It communicates with the hardware via QR Codes.|
|Security Certification||CE and FCC Certified. CC EAL5+ and EAL7 certifications (highest security level)|