If you are a new user or plan to buy a new bitcoin card, then you are a right place. This article will review the different types of Bitcoin credit cards. compare their features, security, advantages, etc., of these top six Bitcoin credit cards.
Table of contents
- Summary (TL;DR)
- Top Six Bitcoin Credit Cards
- 1. BlockFi Card
- 2. MCO Card (Crypto.Com Card)
- 3. Nexo Card
- 4. Bitpay Card
- 5. Coinbase Card
- 6. Binance card
- Best Bitcoin Cards: Conclusion
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Like traditional Visa / Mastercard, Bitcoin crypto cards also allow us to make online, offline, and international purchases.
- Currently, BlockFi card is available for US residents, except for New York (due to regulatory issues/limitations).
- The MCO Visa card is crypto powered Visa card. It supports Bitcoins and other wide varieties of cryptocurrencies.
- To get an MCO Visa card, you have to start staking CRO tokens for 6 months compulsorily. Staking is a process of buying and keeping the CRO tokens. CRO Tokens are the Crypto.com Coins.
- Nexo MasterCard also offers 2% of cashback on all the purchases you make despite its quantity.
- Bitpay.com Card is a prepaid Mastercard. This Bitpay card is currently only available for the residents of the United States.
- Coinbase card is a Visa-supported debit card that converts multiple types of cryptocurrencies to local currency.
- Coinbase allows you to spend as much depending on your bitcoin balance, just like any other traditional debit card.
- The Binance card has been around since March 2020, but it was announced and started its shipping in European economic areas around 15th December 2020.
We have compared some of the standard features of the top six Bitcoin cards.
|Name of the card||Type of card||Supported Crypto (including Bitcoin)||ATM Withdrawal fee||Cashback||Website|
|BlockFi card||Visa card||4+||–||1.5%||Link|
|MCO Cryto.com card||Visa Card||90+||2%||Up to 8%||Link|
|Coinbase card||Visa card||9+||2.49%||Up to 4%||Link|
|Binance Card||Visa card||4||Up to 0.9%||Up to 8%||Link|
Top Six Bitcoin Credit Cards
In this blog, we have reviewed the top six Bitcoin credit cards. Here is the list of the six best bitcoin cards.
- BlockFi card
- MCO card
- Nexo card
- Bitpay card
- Coinbase card
- Binance card
1. BlockFi Card
BlockFi Card is one of the products of BlockFi; a New Jersey-based company launched three years ago. It focuses on cryptocurrency lending. Also, through the BlockFi App, You can manage your account, card balances, borrow money, trade, and earn interest. BlockFi is a visa-supported crypto card.
BlockFi Card Features
- You get to earn interest on your bitcoin rewards, and with all the offers BlockFi has to give to you, you could gain bonuses of bitcoin rewards worth $750 or above.
- You will gain 1.5% cashback in bitcoin on every transaction.
- If you spend $3,000 within the first three months of buying the card, you will receive a signup bonus of $250 in bitcoin.
- In the year’s second quarter, you will receive 3.5% bitcoin rewards on all of your purchases which you can equate to $100.
- If you hold stable coin assets like USDC, GUSD, PAX in your BIA, then you will get an additional 2% APY on the mean daily stable coin balance during the first year of your credit card ownership.
- You will gain 0.25% back in bitcoin on all entitled trades. This means you can receive a maximal value of $500 in bitcoin per month.
BlockFi Card Fees
You can earn an interest of 3% and 8.6% with BlockFi’s Interest account. The account has no hidden fees and no minimum balance requirement. The annual fee for the BlockFi credit card holdings is $200.The interest rate varies by currency type.BlockFi card is not yet available, but you can join the waitlist to apply when cards start shipping in spring 2021.
New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) regulates BlockFi. BlockFi’s primary custodian is Gemini, a famous digital currency exchange. Gemini’s 95% of assets are in cold storage and 5% in hot wallets. Deloitte has given BlockFi a SOC2 Type 1 compliance audit. BlockFi has security tools like two-factor authentication, PIN Verification, and it is strongly encrypted.
If you are a funded, active client, you can seek help overcall at +1 646 779 9688. The support service site is [email protected] BlockFi’s AI-powered smart assistants will help you find answers to your questions constantly. You can even submit a ticket stating your query. A client service representative will review it and respond immediately.
BlockFi Mobile App
BlockFi mobile apps are available on Android and iOS. They have a straightforward user interface, and their app is easy to use. You can gain access to your account through the total safe feature of biometric login.
BlockFi Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the BlockFi card below. You can take a quick look at them in the table below and decide further.
With a BlockFi credit card, you get 1.5% cashback in bitcoin, deposited in your BlockFi Interest Account, on every purchase.
Apart from signature Visa offers, they don’t offer much.
|You don’t need any monthly fees or minimum deposits.This card is available worldwide except in sanctioned or watch-listed countries.||High Annual Fees.|
2. MCO Card (Crypto.Com Card)
The Crypto.com Visa card is a prepaid metal card by Crypto.com. Crypto.com (formerly Monaco) is a Hong Kong-based start-up launched in 2017. MCO Visa cards are available freely, and you don’t need to pay any price for shipping or the setting up processes. But to avail the benefits of the MCO Visa (Crypto.com) card freely, you have to stake a certain amount of CRO token on Crypto.com App for 6 months. There are many types of wallets available inside the app; choose the one according to your currency transaction.
MCO Card Features
There are five different MCO Visa (Crypto.com) cards – Midnight Blue, Ruby Steel, Jade Green/Royal Indigo, Icy White/Frosted Rose Gold, and Obsidian Black: Each card offers a set of benefits for the users. Check them in the table given in the picture.
- The features differ according to the type of card you have. If you have a primary or entry card, the free Midnight Blue will get only 1% cashback on all your spending.
- Each card offers some percentage of rebates on accounts like Spotify, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Most of the MCO Visa card offers travel rebates of about 10% on Expedia and Airbnb.
- MCO gives Cashbacks ranging from 1- 8%. Although the rebates are great, you are still subjected to monthly pay.
- Some benefits are available only if you stake continuously. But you will have free lounge access. But other rebates on accounts like Spotify, Netflix, Expedia, Amazon Prime, and Airbnb will be gone. To get most of the benefits from Visa cards, you have to stake.
MCO Card Fees
The MCO Visa (Crypto.com) is a very affordable card to use. It charges no insurance fee, and you don’t need to pay a monthly fee. There is no commission for your spending. You don’t need to make a maximum or minimum deposit also. Up to USD 200, you don’t have to pay any ATM withdrawal fee. But above 200 USD, 0.2% you have to pay. It does not charge any foreign currency transaction fee.
MCO Card Security
Crypto.com provides FDIC insurance up to US$250,000. It follows strict safety measures and protocols and ensures that our funds, user data, and websites are safe. It has a 100% cold storage wallet for customer funds and Two Factor Authentication (2FA). Cryto.com has also partnered with one of the leading wallet providers, the Ledger.
MCO Card Customer Support
If you have any doubts or queries, you can clear them via the live chat option available in the ‘Support’ section of Crypto.com. On the same support page, there is a ray of articles. Read these articles to clear your doubts and get in-depth knowledge about the MCO card and the “Crypto.com” website.
MCO Card Mobile App
MCO Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the MCO card below. You can take a quick look at them in the table below and decide further.
|You can get cashback of Up to 1- 8% whenever you use your Crypto.com Visa Card.||You can unlock and access the highest rebates only if you stake a lot of CRO tokens.|
|1% cashback is available even without investing in CRO tokens.||MCO Visa (Crypto.com) cards would lower interest rates if we did stake up cryptocurrency deposits for 3 months.|
|You can also get other benefits (like 100% cashback on Spotify, Netflix, and Amazon Prime).||If you already have high cashback in your traditional debit/bank card, this MCO card will not satisfy you.|
|No monthly fees and no withdrawal or transaction charges for international travel purchases.|
|It is a user-friendly card for beginners stepping into the cryptocurrency world.|
|Contactless Visa Debit cards (issued and delivered for FREE)|
3. Nexo Card
Nexo is a crypto-powered debit card that works on Mastercard. This is the only card that allows you to spend without selling your cryptocurrency holdings.
Nexo is a trusted automated loan platform launched in 2017. The Nexo card is directly linked to the Nexo account to access funds without banks for funds withdrawal easily. If you use a Nexo card for payments, you can get incentives worth 5% cashback.
Nexo Card Features
You can access all the features of the Nexo card via the Nexo app. The features are listed below.
- If your card gets stolen or lost, you can freeze or unfreeze it with a single tap.
- You can receive and manage all notifications of your Nexo card transactions.
- There is an option for you to create virtual Nexo cards for a safer online shopping.
- You can easily view your PIN and also change it at the nearest ATM anytime.
- You can enjoy 2% cashback on all your purchases.
- You can make payment in local currencies.
Nexo card Fees
You can freely withdraw cryptocurrencies at any time. Nexo doesn’t charge any money for it. When you do transactions from an exchange wallet to your Nexo account, you only need to pay brokerage fees. They don’t charge any transaction fees. Like a traditional savings account, Nexo card’s crypto savings account also charges reasonably fewer fees. Also, there are no fees charged for account maintenance.
Nexo Card Security
According to the nexo.io website, the Nexo platform is powered with military-grade 256-bit encryption and fraud m 24/7 monitoring mechanisms throughout a year. Nexo took this step to ensure the safety of customers’ funds and transactions.
Nexo Card Customer Support
There is a 24/7 support team ready to assist you. You can email your queries to [email protected].
On the Nexo card’s official website, next. You can live chat in the blue speech bubble available in the right-side corner of the website. You can type your doubts in the ‘Request’ text box available in the ‘Help section’ of the nexo.io card website.
Nexo Card Mobile App
The Nexo Wallet app is available in the Google play store and Apple store. Then you have to create an account in the app and order the card. While creating an account, you have to answer a few questions accurately in the app. You can use the Nexo app via mobile or desktop platform.
Nexo Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the Nexo card below. You can take a quick look at them in the table below and decide further.
|You can use it like a standard card, and over 40 million merchants worldwide accept it.||This card is mainly helpful for people who are already users of the Nexo platform for various reasons.|
|The Nexo Mastercard allows us to spend while not selling our cryptocurrency holdings.||This card is only beneficial for those who are willing to borrow fiat currency against their crypto holdings.|
|The saving account of the Nexo Mastercard provides an interest ranging from 6% to 12% on crypto coins and fiat currency.||If you are not interested in this type of borrowing, then this card is not for you.|
|They will reward you with a 2% cashback for all the purchases.||Since it still is an early access phase, you can access and order the Nexo card via the Nexo app.|
|You can create Virtual card to have a safer online shopping experience.|
To know more read our Nexo card review.
4. Bitpay Card
Bitpay is a crypto payment gateway platform founded in 2011. Bitpay card is a Master prepaid card according to the Bitpay platform. Its primary purpose is that aids us in bridging the gap between real and virtual currencies. We can use the Bitpay.com card to make both offline and online transactions and for ATM withdrawal. The Metropolitan Commercial Bank issues Bitpay card which was launched in June 2020. But you can use the Bitpay card only within the United States. When you provide the necessary personal details and documentation for verification, they will give you a wallet. And then, you can order a Bitpay Master card via the Bitpay App and start making crypto payments using that card.
Bitpay Card Features
- Bitpay doesn’t charge any conversion fees while reloading our card balance from bitcoin to fiat currency. Also, the exchange rates are at a competitive rate.
- This card is for people who want to live and spend on crypto.
- You can spend and pay your bills worldwide and anywhere using this Bitpay crypto debit card. Either through online or using a pin or simply do an ATM withdrawal.
- In addition to Bitpay card, you can also use the Bitpay Wallet app to manage and spend bitcoin. You can also turn the Bitcoin into dollars there and pay it with the Bitpay card.
Bitpay Card Fees
There are no monthly maintenance fees. To get a Bitpay card, we have to pay $ 10. For card replacement also, you have to pay the same $ 10. When you withdraw money from the ATM using your Bitpay.com card, they will charge a fee of $ 2 from you. They will charge a 3% of currency conversion fee outside the United States. But no fees are applied for loading.
Bitpay card Security
This enhanced security feature of the Bitpay.com app has an EMV chip that helps you lock your card and control how you spend.
Bitpay Card Customer Support
In the ‘Help’ section of the bitpy.com website, there are many ready-made questionnaires and lots of Frequently Asked Questions list. You can refer to them.
Bitpay Card Mobile App
After you receive your Bitpay card via mail, it will be easier to activate the card. In the Bitpay app, go to the ‘Card’ section. Then, click the ‘Activate’ icon. It will be in the top right of the screen. Then you will have to enter some required information they ask in the Bitpay app. Lastly, you have to create a PIN for your card.
Bitpay Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the Bitpay card below. You can take a quick look at them in the table below and decide further.
|They don’t charge any fees for loading Bitcoins into the Bitpay card.||You cannot access the Bitpay card freely; you must pay a price of $10 to get the card.|
|Unlike other crypto prepaid cards, this Bitpay Master card is accessible throughout all the 50 states of the United States.||Another limitation is that Bitpay card is currently only availed in the United States.|
|Higher ATM withdrawal. We can withdraw coins up to $60000.||There is no cashback or rewards offered for purchasing in Bitpay Mastercard.|
|You can also opt for a virtual card option.||Also, the Bitpay.com card supports only Bitcoins.|
|This will also make our shopping experience safer.|
To know more, read our Bitpay card review.
5. Coinbase Card
Coinbase Card is a Visa-supported supported card from Coinbase, one of the world’s largest crypto trading platform. You can use this card at any shop that accepts visa cards. You can use it for PIN purchases and ATM withdrawals. It is available in all US states except Hawaii. You have to activate your Coinbase Card from the Coinbase Card app or call your local support number from the app by accessing Card Settings > Call Support.
Coinbase Card Features
- Coinbase is a Visa-supported debit card that converts multiple types of cryptocurrencies to local currency.
- Coinbase card allows you to spend as much depending on your bitcoin balance, just like any other traditional debit card.
- Earn up to 4% cashback on every purchase
- Coinbase card user must have a Coinbase account for card access
- Using the Coinbase app, you can easily select from the wallet any crypto with which you want to buy.
Coinbase Card Fees
For purchases, the daily limit is ₤10,000 and ₤500 for ATM withdrawals for international users. For US users, the daily spending limit is $2,500, and the ATM withdrawal limit is $1,000. There is no card issuance or transaction fee for US users, although overseas users must pay ₤4.95 and 2.9%
Coinbase Card Security
They guard your Coinbase card’s information and credentials by top-notch security, including a two-step authentication step. If the card gets stolen, you can instantly freeze your card via the website or app. It has bank-level AES-256 encryption. Additionally, all Coinbase employees are subjected to a background check.
Coinbase Card Customer Support
You can clear your doubts via the Help center on Coinbase’s official website. The Help center is in the Support section.
There are lots of ready-made answers to various problems. You can write your doubts in the email textbox given.
Coinbase Card Mobile App
Coinbase Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the Coinbase card below.
|Ability to use your crypto account as easily as you use your bank account.||Substantial fees are applicable for non-U.S. users.|
|Extensive security features that keep your crypto fully protected while you spend.||2.49% cryptocurrency liquidation fee applied to all transactions (except those using USDC).|
|Multiple reward offers, including the ability to earn BTC back on your purchases.|
|Earn up to 4% cashback on every purchase.|
|No annual fee|
To know more about, read our Coinbase card review.
6. Binance card
Binance launched in September 2019 and quickly became the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume. The Binance Card will use funds from your wallet (the balance on your Binance account).
Binance Card Features
- According to its official website, with the Binance Visa Card, you can convert and spend your favorite cryptocurrencies at more than 60 million merchants worldwide.
- The card has support for BNB (Binance Coin), BUSD (Binance USD), BTC (Bitcoin), ETH (Ethereum), and SXP (Swipe). It also supports the EUR fiat currency.
- The cashback percentage varies from 1-8%, depending upon the BNB-tokens you hold.
- The Binance Card is free to apply, and you need to link it with Binance Wallet.
Binance Card Fees
There are no monthly fees. There are no issuance fees. There are no minimum deposit limits. As long as you have a balance in the Binance-account, the card will remain connected, and you can use the card. There is also a daily maximum spending limit: EUR 8,700 per day.
Binance Card Security
With a catch line of “Sleep Tight,” the website states that the highest security standards available at Binance protect all our Binance Card funds. Any funds received by you are held in a segregated account so that in the unlikely event that Contis Financial Services Ltd (the formal issuer of the card) becomes insolvent, they will protect your funds against claims made by creditors.
Binance Card Customer Support
You can contact the Binance support system in case of any queries. The support is available in the form of a message bubble that you can find in the right-hand side corner of the website.
Binance Card Mobile App
There is a mobile app available for Binance cards for both Android and iOS. Here you can view all your spending, card transactions, etc. The card also comes with transaction-push notifications. This means that each time you purchase with your Binance Card, you will receive a push notification on your Binance mobile app.
Binance Card: Pros and Cons
We have tabulated some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the Binance card below. You can take a quick look at them in the table below and decide further.
|It offers highest cashback offers ranging from 1%- 8%∙||The card is not available in about seven US states.|
|It has more than 50 cryptocurrencies available.||It has fewer crypto-crypto currency pairs.|
|Low trading fees.|
To know more read our Binance card review.
Best Bitcoin Cards: Conclusion
Everything has its pros and cons. However, Nexo card has a low-fee card in terms of the price range. It allows you to spend without you having to pay your crypto holdings. On the other hand, the Binance and the BlockFi cards provide the best cash backs and rewards that start from 1.5% to 3.5% per month. Also, the MCO card is another popular choice as it supports over 90 cryptocurrencies. And Coinbase card allows auto conversion of currencies when on demand. Bitpay card is the best-suited card among US citizens as it is useable across 50 states of the USA overall. Chose a card that’s best suited for your Bitcoin needs and spending.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I’m on the BlockFi Credit Card waitlist?
You will know when you receive a confirmation link in your email after you sign up. Or you can also log in to app.blockfi.com and click on the promotional banner on top. If you see “You’re on the list!” on the page, then you are all set. If not, you can apply for the list by clicking on the “Get on the list” option.
Is the Bitpay Card safe?
The Bitpay.com card is secure and a safe option. You can protect your Bitpay cards by your signature and also your PIN. The Google Authenticator also provides Two-factor authentication (2FA). The Bitpay card is also not linked to any personal bank information or other financial accounts.
Is MCO Visa card legit?
MCO is a Visa card service provided by Crypto.com. Crpto.com is a cryptocurrency and payment platform that provides FDIC insurance up to US$250,000. MCO has taken this step to assure the customers that their money is well protected.
Is the Nexo Mastercard anonymous?
No, the Nexo Mastercard is not anonymous. To access the services of the Nexo.io card, the users must compulsorily go through the entire identity verification process of the Nexo platform.
Where can I use the Coinbase card?
The Coinbase is a crypto Visa card. So, you can use it anywhere where Visa cards are accepted. You can use it for purchasing offline, online, and internally.
Can you trade fiat currencies on Binance?
No, you can’t trade or deposit fiat currencies using a Binance card. You must already have some cryptocurrency that you can deposit into a Binance card to start trading.